Here’s a run down of the Apple Event from today so far, this will be the trimmed down, most important stuff from today’s event, not all of the ‘liveblogging’ stuff in between.
- Scores upon scores of Beatles music being played in the theater.
- Steve Jobs enters the room.
- Details the 3 post PC-blockbuster products Apple has released, the iPod, iPhone and iPad
- Shows how the iPad has affected our daily lives, people start to cry.
- Disses ‘copycat’ manufacturers
- Shows how iPad has made its way to 90% market penetration
- iPad2 is announced officially
- Comes with Dual-core A5 processor, 2x faster CPU, 9x faster graphics, low power
- iPad2 is thinner than the previous iPad and the iPhone4 at 8.8 mm
- iPad2 is also lighter (of course) 1.3 pounds
- iPad2 has 10x more battery life
- Will go to AT&T and Verizon
- Comes in White and Black color options
- Will cost $499, $599, or $699 for Wi-Fi models 16GB, 32GB, 64GB respectively
- And $629, $729, or $829 for Wi-Fi + 3G models for the same sizes above
- Launch date is March 11th, next Thursday in the US!
- Launching in 26 other countries by March 26th 2011!
- Comes with HDMI Out and a charge/HDMI dual cable attachment for $39
- New Case for the iPad2 as well, in a variety of colors
- The case has magnets that help keep the iPad2 and its case/stand in position.
- iPad2 will have iOS 4.3 as well, which has several improvements which we’ll mention later.
Check out the Gallery of images from the event below from Engadget!
[Source - Engadget]